Linda K. Myers is a nationally recognized corporate partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP. She leads the Firm’s Debt Finance Practice Group and focuses her practice on debt financing transactions for major private and public companies, private equity groups and commercial lending institutions.
Linda’s clients include some of the world’s most sophisticated public and private companies such as Bristol Myers Squibb, Deere & Company, Six Flags, United Air Lines, Urban One, Vistra and Zebra Technologies. She also represents many leading private equity firms including Bain Capital, KKR and Madison Dearborn Partners and lenders such as Bain Capital Credit and PSP Investments.
As one of the world’s largest and most profitable law firms with revenues exceeding $3.7 billion, Kirkland relies on its 20-attorney Global Management Executive Committee to direct the business and affairs of the Firm. Linda has served as a member since 2010 during which time Kirkland has grown from 1500 to over 2500 attorneys. The Firm also expanded from 10 to 15 locations with the opening of offices in Beijing, Boston, Dallas, Houston and Paris.
Linda is also dedicated to supporting diversity at Kirkland. She established the Diversity Integration Task Force, which determines policy and structural enhancements to execute the Firm’s commitment to diversity. Linda is also a founding member of Kirkland’s Women’s Leadership Initiative, the Firm's mentoring and professional development program for female attorneys. Additionally, she is a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee which focuses on the recruitment, retention, and promotion of attorneys in a manner that promotes diversity at all levels within the Firm.
Linda plays a valuable role on several other Firm committees including:
• Chair of the Administrative Committee which creates and monitors polices of the Firm (2009 – present)
• Member of the Finance Committee where she serves on the budget subcommittee and handles the Firm’s credit facility and various partner loan programs (2007 – present)
• Member of the Audit Committee which monitors the integrity of the Firm's annual financial statements and compliance with finance related legal and regulatory requirements (2014 – present)
• Member of the Proposing Partner Committee and Associate & Non-Share Partner Compensation Committee which are responsible for review and compensation of the Firm’s partners and associates (2010 – present)
• Member of the Firmwide and Chicago Associate Review Committees which review the performance of the Firm’s associates and handle issues relating to the training, morale and retention of associates (2001 – present) Board Service and Community Involvement
• Member of Kinzie Capital Partners Advisory Board
• Member of The Chicago Network Board of Directors
• Member of the Chicago Finance Exchange
• Member of The Economic Club of Chicago
• Fellow of The American Bar Foundation
• Member of the Center for WorkLife Law Board
• Member of the St. Ignatius College Prep Board of Trustees
• Member of the Parents Council to the Chancellor at Washington University in St Louis
• Member of the Lyric Opera of Chicago Board of Directors
• Member of the Chicago Shakespeare Board of Directors